Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope it will serve to inspire you and perhaps inform you in some small way regarding the Holy Orthodox Faith or our Lord Jesus Christ. Feel free to comment or ask questions. Christ be with you!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I was blessed.

Since being laid off in '09 the cheif difficulty I have had of late is getting funds to purchase prescriptions I must have for high BP (and one script for a stupid anti-depressant my doctor put me on that I don't think I really need), and I mentioned this in passing to a brother from church with whom I was working to help set up for the Pilgimage at our parish. I was floored when, before we parted for home, he bestowed on me a considerable sum of money toward the purchase of the medications. This act of generosity was not solicited and unexpected, but very welcome.

I was tremendously blessed by his loving gift and willingness to be used of God for the succour of one in some need. Nothing earth-shattering as our family still has food and shelter, my wife is providing by her job, but we are in somewhat straitened circumstances so I have to scrape up funds for my own needs, like the medications. What a blessing that this brother could be so moved to an act of generosity without even being directly asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment