Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope it will serve to inspire you and perhaps inform you in some small way regarding the Holy Orthodox Faith or our Lord Jesus Christ. Feel free to comment or ask questions. Christ be with you!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The weekly struggle.

Am I alone or do other orthodox parents (or in my case, parent, singular) struggle to get their children ready for Sunday morning services? And in this case I am only speaking of the temporal kind of readiness; awake, appropriately clothed, combed, teeth brushed, etc. There is of course the more critical spiritual prepardness, which I confess this week I may not have accomplished even for myself. I have to begin getting them to select clothes the day before so that there won't be a debate over what is appropriate attire for God's house on the Lord's Day (or any day really.) One victory I have been given this morning; my oldest daughter is coming with us. May the Lord grant that this be a new beginning to a completed sojourn for her to Christ's Orthodox Catholic Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment